MSP430-GDBProxy++ for Windows
MSPDebug is an open-source tool used to debug MSP430 devices over JTAG using GDB with the original MSP430.DLL from Texas Instruments.
The GDBProxy++ is compatible with all hardware debuggers that are supported by MSP430.DLL v3. The key features of GDBProxy++ are:
- Support for unlimited software breakpoints
- Support for fast hardware breakpoints
- Support for data breakpoints
- Compatible with the original MSP430 drivers and MSP430.DLL
You can download MSP430-GDBProxy++ v1.7 here: msp430-gdbproxy-1.7.zip
To start using MSP430-GDBProxy++ follow these simple steps:
- Unpack the downloaded archive and run msp430-gdbproxy.exe
- Run msp430-gdb <your-elf-file>.elf
- In GDB prompt enter the following commands:target remote :2000Note that if your GDB is built with XML support, the "mon erase" command is not necessary, as GDB will detect and erase the FLASH automatically.
Source code and license
You can download the MSP430-GDBProxy++ source code here: msp430-gdbproxy-1.6-src.zip
MSP430-GDBProxy++ is licensed under LGPL. Note that you can use it to debug any kind of firmware, the LGPL restrictions only apply if you want to modify MSP430-GDBProxy++ itself.
Interaction with other tools
The following diagram shows the interaction between GDBProxy++, GDB and MSP430.DLL: